We love bikes, the genuine contact with nature and culture and, of course, You have to do our Architecture Bike Tour Buenos Aires. With this tour we achieve to combine our passions and to describe them in this article by experiencing the Bike Architecture Tour through the City of Buenos Aires.
The tour runs on Saturdays at 13 p.m. from the Botanical Garden, in the neighborhood of Palermo. This garden, called since 1937 “Carlos Thays” honoring the landscape designer who created it and that is close to the tree-covered parks (“bosques”) of the neighborhood of Palermo.
From this point we start the bike tour, after meeting the guide and the people who will come with us throughout the whole round, receiving an introductory talk about the city and the general recommendations on the bike use.
Most people call Buenos Aires the “Paris of Latin America” or “The French City built by Italians” at the time when Argentina was considered one of the nations with greater economic boom between the years 1890 to 1930. This is also reflected in the architecture of the buildings observed during the excursion.
Ride started around the Botanical garden towards the south of the City of Buenos Aires and sight-seeing some of the most well-known and emblematic city buildings such as the National Library, “El Ateneo Grand Splendid” (bookstore in an old theatre), “Barolo Palacio” (Stylish Building), the National Congress building, among others. The ride took approximately 5 hours ending in Palermo.
The Architectural Bike Tour throughout the City of Buenos Aires is an excellent option to have a greater comprehension of Buenos Aires and its architectural landscapes.
Some Highlights of this tour and aditional information:
- Start by cycling to the building where the Eva Perón museum resides
- Learn the twisted history of Mario Palanti’s buildings in several stops, one of which directly influenced from Dante’s Inferno.
- Witness the brutalist style of architecture of the National Library of Argentina and which famous political couple used to live on that property
- Discover where much of the city’s water is filtered, one of the most detailed, eclectic buildings in Buenos Aires
- Cycle from Colon Theatre to see the cúpulas of Congress and historic Avenida de Mayo
- See one of the world’s most famous bookstores, El Ateneo.
- Minimun Pax Requirements: 1
- Bilingual guide(s)
- Bicycle – beach cruisers with comfy seats
- Bell, basket and helmet
- Yerba mate – local traditional tea and a traditional Argentine merienda
- Rain poncho & gloves – just in case!
- Although we ride at an easy and comfortable pace, we ask that you at least know how to ride a bike.
- Should you feel uncomfortable riding a bike, we may require you to ride a bit more before assuring that you’re comfortable with the bike before the tour begins.
- Rain Policy- Customers are allowed to decide whether or not to reschedule the tour depending on the conditions of that morning. If he decides to cancel please tell them to contact us in short notice
- Passengers must be 15 years of age or older to ride.