We found the ideal place for nature lovers, birdwatchers, photographers and anyone willing to isolate from everyday life: La Lorenza.
Emilio and Picu, a couple passionate about nature, share their private reserve with those who are willing to discover a different Iguazú. They define it as a secret spot beyond the famous waterfalls and off the beaten track.
La Lorenza is 45 minutes away from the city of Iguazú, immersed in a forest rich in biodiversity, medicinal plants, orchids, bromeliads, butterﬂies, and birds many of them endemic to the ecoregion. Located on the Paraná River, the reservation is also a rural area where local families live off the land.
Among other activities that provide a close encounter with nature within the reserve, we would like to recommend specially two of them.
The first one, a 2.5 miles kayaking adventure. Paddling the serene waters of the Urugua-í river will allow you to contemplate nature from a different perspective and to move silently along the forest. Then, a 45 minutes walk through the forest will take you to a very special spot to finish the day.
The other recommendation is a fun interpretative walk across the jungle. An expert guide will conduct this multi-sensory experience, providing information on the several natural environments, their ﬂora and fauna. The soft hike also includes a visit to a typical little house with its vegetable garden, to capture the atmosphere of the local life in intimate contact with nature.
Both the walk and the kayak tour end at a deck with an open view to Paraguay and the Paraná River; a unique place across borders, sharing a mate/tereré and interesting facts and stories about the area.
If you would like to take part on any of these options at La Lorenza, please contact us to provide you more information.
Guided walk through the forest:
- INCLUDES: Transfers to and from the hotel (Iguazú) + A bilingual guide English/Spanish + Mate and tereré drink.
- AVAILABILITY: Monday and Thursday from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm. Min. 2 Groups of up to 10 pax.
- LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Low. Please let us know in advance if you have any health problems or suffer from allergies.
- RECOMMENDATIONS: Bring closed tip shoes, as well as long leg pants and long sleeve shirts, even in the summer.
- INCLUDES:Transfers to and from the hotel (Iguazú) + A bilingual guide English/Spanish + Mate and tereré drink + Sit on top kayaks with life jacket.
- LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Low. The walk includes climbing a pronounced 150 meter slope (approximately 500 feet).
- RECOMMENDATIONS Bring closed tip shoes, as well as long leg pants, bathing suit and a change of clothes (you may get wet!).
- AVAILABILITY: Tuesday and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm. Min. 2 Groups of up to 10 pax. This excursion is suitable for beginners.