At Kallpa, we are proud to announce this new shorter, but not less promising, version of the Trekking to the Clouds. An experience that will let you grasp the immensity of Quebrada del Toro and the spirit of an ancient culture.
This version of the Trekking to the Clouds is intended for those looking for a less demanding and shorter journey. The path is the same than our two other versions, but with the difference that we will return after we had reached Sillón del Inca. The starting point is at the charming village of Ingeniero Maury, from where we will go across the ancient Inca road up to The Observatory, our first stop.
The Observatory is the name given to this peculiar panoramic lookout point where the ancient villagers installed a platform in order to anticipate the presence of visitors. Then the path will take us to the ruins of Sillón del Inca, an archeological site located at the intersection of several roads. The legend tells that it is here where the delegate of the Inca Empire used to control the state movement, the production and to collect taxes.
At this place, so full of history and mystery, we will set up our camp and enjoy dinner next to a warm fire. On the next day, after breakfast, we will start our return to Ingeniero Maury through Mount Golgota, passing by Abra del Caminante, milestone which today’s climbers use to frequent. Once we had reached Ingeniero Maury, the vehicle will be waiting to take us back to the city.
What’s interesting about this version is that it offers the possibility to combine this astonishing experience with another incredible journey, the Train to the Clouds, one of the most popular experiences in the north. Nevertheless, if you are interested in a more active experience, you can join us for the complete 4 days trekking. More information can be found by clicking HERE or, our three-day trekking, more information can be found by clicking HERE. The fixed confirmed departure dates (minimum 2 travelers required for all versions) for our three itineraries are listed below:
If you wish more information about these experiences, please contact us at Kallpa Tour.
- Sillón del Inca Trek
- Duration: 2 days
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Feasible from January to December
- 2 pax minimum required for confirmed departures. With 1 pax the single departure can run with 50% surcharge.
- Local Bus Ticket Salta – Ing. Maury and transfer back to Salta
- Camping equipment. (Tent, cooking utensils, heaters, etc.).
- Bilingual specialized guide (Spanish/English).
- All meals in the program according to specification (D: breakfast;
- A: Lunch; B: Box lunch; M: tea; C: dinner).
- Personal luggage carry: sleeping bag, clothing and insulating
- carpet up to 7 KG.
- Camp organization. First AID kit.
- Airplane tickets / Personal expenses and tips.
- Meals not mentioned in the program. Nights in Salta.
- Sleeping bags.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Medical insurance.
- Train to the clouds tickets.