The greatest astronomical phenomenon will take place again next year and can be observed in a wide line of totality in Patagonia, from the Cordillera to the Argentine sea.
The total solar eclipse of 2019 shone splendidly in Argentina, leaving unforgettable images in a lot of Argentines and foreigners who came to our country to be among the 20 million privileged people around the world who were able to see live the greatest astronomical phenomenon, according to scientists.
It takes more than 300 years for an eclipse to occur in the same place, but since our geography is so extensive from north to south, the next one will be visible in Patagonia in 2020.
The entire strip will be relatively narrow. Passing through Argentina, it will be seen from San Martín de los Andes in the province of Neuquén, to Las Grutas in Río Negro. In the rest of the country and in South America it will be seen partially in different percentages.
In Kallpa, we have planned a special 3-day fixed departure to witness this celestial phenomenon. It is a unique opportunity to visit the beautiful city of Bariloche, experience the magical event of the solar eclipse joined by other interested travelers and an astronomer, and also enjoy a soft uphill hike on the Llao Llao peninsula to enjoy incredible Patagonian panoramic views. Without a doubt, an unforgettable photographic journey!
For more information, rates and the full program, please contact your Kallpa Tour coordinator.
Fixed departure from December 13th to 16th 2020:
- Day 1 – Dec. 13th: Arrival in Bariloche. Briefing with tour leader and astronomer. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 2 – Dec. 14th: Solar eclipse full day experience at Catan Lil ranch.
- Day 3 – Dec. 15th: Full day short circuit and hike to the Llao Llao Peninsula.
- Day 4 – Dec. 16th: Transfer to the airport.
- Tour leader for the whole tour.
- Lodging for 3 nights at Las Marianas Hostería in standard room with breakfast.
- Services and meals as detailed on the description.
- Full day eclipse events arrangements, including round trip transportation and accompaniment of an astronomer. Lunch is not included.
- Hike to Llao Llao Peninsula, including Bilingual Certified Mountain Guide / Box lunch + water + tea + snacks / First Aid Kit + VHF Radio + GPS / Insurance + Permits.
- International and/or domestic flights.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Taxes, personal expenses.
- Meals not detailed on the description.