A new exclusive and shorter adventure that takes the most out of the Los Glaciares National Park in El Calafate. Navigate on a luxurious vessel, taste gourmet meals and spend the night on board at this magical natural environment.
Much has been said and written about the imposing glaciers in the south of Argentina, specially about the world famous Perito Moreno. But there are no words that can describe the unique feeling you get if you ever have the chance to visit this absolutely gorgeous natural place.
The vastness of these deep blue ice giants, cold turquoise waters, a lush green forest, the occasional chilled wind, starry nights and the sound of silence…a spectacle of nature that leaves you breathless and a memory that will be a part of you forever. Los Glaciares National Park can be considered as a wild sanctuary where visitors are lucky to pass by, if only for a day.
For those who wish to experiment this icy encounter in a more intimate and exclusive way, The Spirit of the Glaciers is the perfect expedition. An that used to offer a 2 night program but that now has incorporated a 1 night option, if the passing through El Calafate is a bit shorter.
Sail and rest on board the elegant Santa Cruz, a three deck vessel specially designed for this activity including high end and comfortable commodities and a gourmet cuisine restaurant.
The new 1 night program begins at 9 am embarking at La Soledad, a private deck in Bahía Tranquila. After checking in, the navigation towards the Perito Moreno Glacier begins sailing pleasantly through the Canal de los Témpanos until the northern front. At around 10.30 am we will disembark to walk on the balconies and contemplate this impressive ice wall. Lunch is back on board in the restaurant and still enjoying the view of the glacier from the wide windows.
In the afternoon the navigation continues first to the Upsala Glacier, through the Brazo Norte and then towards the historical Puesto de Las Vacas in Bahía Alemana, where we will disembark again for an easy hike to an old port. At this spot we will also taste our first dinner and spend the night on board. Be ready to be dazzled by a sunset that provides a show of contrasting colours against the blue waters and ice floes; and then by a deep dark night sky that reflects the milky way on the Argentino Lake.
The next morning, after an ensured rest and a tasty gourmet breakfast, another relaxed hike in Puesto de Las Vacas awaits. We will be back on board at around 11.30 am to keep on sailing towards Canal Spegazzini, where lunch will be served facing the Upsala Glacier and where we will also watch icebergs.
The expedition will come to an end sailing back gently to Bahía Tranquila in the afternoon, contemplating this unique natural scenario and wonder of nature until the very last minute.
To take part on The Spirit of the Glaciers between September and December 2017 (except during holidays), ask your Kallpa Account Executive for a special promotion for early bookings before July 31st, available for 1 or 2 nights program.
- Feasible from September 2017 to April 2018.
- Departures are always from La Soledad private deck in bahía Tranquila (Paraje Punta Bandera).
- 1 Night Program will depart on Wednesdays and return on Thursdays at 4 pm.
SERVICES INCLUDED FOR 1 NIGHT PROGRAM:
- One night on board in a cabin with private room and external view.
- Full board service with alcoholic beverages at meals.
- Service of soft beverages and infusions during navigation.
- On board activities conducted by a bilingual guide (English/Spanish).
- Transfers from and to Hotel in El Calafate.
- Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park,
M/V SANTA CRUZ COMFORT & TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- 20 en-suite cabins with outside view distributed in two levels.
- Ample deck space above the main lounge as well as the stern and bow deck Restaurant, library, lounge and bar
- Full board service including alcoholic drinks with meals
- Hot beverages and soft drinks while sailing
- All activities with bilingual guide (Spanish-English)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Length: 40.5 metres Beam: 10 metres
- Pontoon Beam: 2.1 metres Draught: 1.2 metres
- Hull and Superstructure built in Aluminium Engines: 2 x 1000 HP Caterpillar
- Cruise speed: 19 knots
- Maximum capacity: 40 passengers