Navigate through glacial waters enjoying the highest standard of comfort and gourmet cuisine on this unique iced culinary sailing adventure.
A journey to one of the most wonderful places in Southern Patagonia awaits for those foodies in search of original experiences. The most exclusive full day visit to the inhospitable Los Glaciares National Park that includes the three main glaciers, a hike into the woods and a gourmet meal on board.
In the morning, the elegant cruise María Turquesa greets us on board to cross the Lago Argentino cool turquoise waters. Personalized attention and excellent service is guaranteed while enjoying the landscapes from any of its two interior decks or four exterior ones.
Leaving La Soledad, the private port in Puerto Bandera where the journey begins, we head northwest towards Punta Avellaneda and Boca del Diablo. Crossing the icebergs barrier, we get really close to the Spegazzini glacier, the highest in the national park with 135 meters ice walls. Then, at Las Vacas station, we disembark for a guided hike with a view of the old Settlers’ Station identifying flora and fauna.
Back on board the María Turquesa, we visit the Upsala Canal and navigate to Herminita Peninsula (the navigation limit for this area), enjoying panoramic views of the namesake Glacier. During this stretch of the navigation we have our gourmet lunch at last. On any of the two decks, an exquisite meal is served. On the exclusive Premium deck, a four-step tasting menu and on the Classic main deck, a gourmet lunch box.
In the afternoon we navigate to Canal de los Témpanos on to the last glacial visit of the day: the world famous Perito Moreno; the perfect ending for this memorable journey before getting back to port La Soledad.
This experience proposes not only plowing through the Lago Argentino cool turquoise waters sailing in front of 50 meter high ice walls, millenary deep blue ices and majestic icebergs; but also enjoying a delicious gourmet lunch, hiking into the woods inside the Spegazzini Canal and visiting Upsala, Spegazzini and Perito Moreno glaciers in just one day.
We recommend this full day adventure as a complement to the traditional minitrekking or Perito Moreno walkways, as it provides a different view of this colossal glacier.
For more information, please contact your Kallpa Executive.
- Full day shared service.
- Daily departures at 9 am. Return at 6 pm.
- Bilingual English Spanish guide and air-conditioned environments.
- Maria Turquesa Cruise: Main deck with capacity for 180 people + space specially designed for children. 4 exterior decks and 1 Premium deck on the upper level with a maximum capacity for 20 people.
- Lunch menus may vary.
Premium 4-step gourmet lunch tasting menu:
- Amuse Bouche: Brioche bread, trout pâté and seasonal pickles.
- First Course: Creamed corn, olives focaccia, tomato pesto and roasted garlic cream.
- Main Dish: Suckling lamb terrine with old-style mustard, smoked eggplant (aubergine), fig
- and onion syrup, garlic and carrot mayonnaise.
- Dessert: Apples and quince puff pastry, burnt caramel cream, yerba mate and white
- chocolate mousse.
- Includes wine during lunch and non-alcoholic beverages.
Classic gourmet lunch box:
- Lunch: Lamb sandwich with homemade mustard, criollo cheese and caramelized onions. Baked potatoes and smoked cheese sauce.
- Dessert: Caramel mousse, carob crisp and red berries preserve.
- Includes one non-alcoholic beverage (soda drink or water).
- Optional (additional charge): open bar with wine, sparkling wine, whiskey, liqueurs, coffee and tea.